Here at Town and Country Animal Hospital we are a Certified Cat Friendly Practice® by the American Association of Feline Practitioners.
The AAFP created the Cat Friendly Practice® program to help veterinary practices meet the wide range of unique needs of felines in a veterinary practice setting.
To become designated a Cat Friendly Practice® by AAFP, we had to demonstrate we:
- Understand the unique needs of felines and have made visits to TCAH more feline-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle felines in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner.
- Have an appropriate standard of equipment needed to investigate and treat feline diseases.
- Meet a standard for the facilities and care for hospitalized felines.
- Give exceptional care and attention through all phases of the visit including examinations, procedures and hospitalization.
- Demonstrate higher levels of commitment and excellence in feline medicine.
What does the Certified Cat Friendly Practice® status mean to you and your feline?
For some owners and their felines, a trip to the veterinarian can be stressful. Our goal is to create a more calming environment. Our staff have been trained on handle felines in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner. We are committed to excellence in feline medicine.